Thursday, March 8, 2012

An Intro to Spin Class!

I've recently rediscovered the art of spinning, and it has changed my workout routine dramatically!


Spinning is an amazing workout and I enjoy it for so many reasons! My favorite places to spin are at YAS in Venice and
 Revolution Fitness in Santa Monica. The classes are only 45 minutes to an hour long and you feel like you have just had an incredible workout – because you have! I like spinning because I can personalize my workout; everyone can adjust their resistance on their bikes to their needs and energy levels. I also like spinning because it is a phenomenal calorie burn. If you are looking to lose weight, a spin class is the place to be! 

Additionally, I enjoy spinning for its personal challenge. The instructors challenge you to push you to your physical limits in short bursts, and when you are done giving it your all, you feel great! 

Finally, spinning is not without spiritual benefits. Many spin classes focus on breathing and visualization, i.e. the instructor will guide you through a ride up a mountain. Sometimes when I am in a class I will do this mindful practice on my own. Even in a room with blasting music and sweating bodies, we can be mindful! YAS and Revolution are great communities that bring people together for a shared purpose – and of course, a calorie-burning, energizing, fun workout!

I'd definitely recommend this class to those looking for the extra challenge, and a platform to build your optimal endurance!

-Sincerely Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment