Monday, May 21, 2012

Rest and Relaxation in Napa!

Last weekend my family took a trip to Napa to celebrate Mother’s Day and my dad’s birthday. We ate delicious food, tasted some wonderful red wines, and went on a great hike! 


I had horrible allergies, and I did the best I could do, but I managed to have a great time with my family, I even brought my dog along too! 

We went on a tour of the Opus One winery.


The tour was a little long and I was craving my glass of wine from the start. Our tour guide was really cool; she took photos of us at the end, 
and the wine was worth the wait!

We even went olive oil tasting! I never knew there were so many amazing varieties!
The restaurants we ate at served everything from duck and pork belly to lobster and fresh fish. Being the health coach in the family, I stuck to beet salads and greens, and fresh fish dishes. Napa is a tourist destination for indulging in fine dining and award-winning wine. It’s a romantic’s dream come true! You are 
surrounded by vineyards, olive trees,


and redwoods, and tucked away are five-star hotels. If you are planning to propose, take your loved one to Napa for an experience the two of you will never forget!

Save up your money, and treat yourself to a weekend getaway in Napa Valley. We all need and deserve vacations, and this is one special destination! And, if you are planning to go in late spring, be prepared for 90 degree temps!

Until next time!
-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment