Friday, July 13, 2012

Emily’s Powerfoods Living Vegetarian Burrito


My last blog on Food for Life wheat and gluten free bread inspired me to share this recipe in which I use Food for Life wheat and gluten free tortillas. I like this burrito for a number of reasons. They are a great lunch or dinner option. They take only 10 minutes to make. They are packed full of vitamins, minerals, and protein. They are delicious! And, they are low in calories.

  
Ingredients:
1 Food for Life wheat free gluten free tortilla
1 tablespoon olive oil, organic cold-pressed if possible
1 ripe avocado, organic if possible
½ cup of sprouts
½ cup of arugula or fresh lettuces
1 tablespoon Salad Booster
a little squeezed lemon if you like
*Serves 1


I like to oil the pan with a bit of olive oil to warm up the tortilla,  

Flip the tortilla to warm both sides...

Then off to the creation station with all of your ingredients! 

Be creative with your burrito! Try adding chia seeds, hemp seeds, or sunflower seeds. I recommend adding any seeds as your Step 2 because they will stick to the avocado.


This recipe is so healthy and balanced! The spirulina in the Salad Booster is one of my favorite superfoods as it is as great source of protein. Sprouts also contain protein. The avocado is a healthy source of fat. If you are really watching your calories, you can use organic Spectrum non-stick cooking spray.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! 

Until next time!
-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment