Monday, July 23, 2012

The New Café Gratitude! & A Yummy Review!!

For all of you healthy west-side Los Angelenos, I went to the new Café Gratitude in Venice over the weekend and it was great! The restaurant opened last Tuesday, and it was packed on Saturday afternoon. For those of you who are not familiar with Café Gratitude, their menu is vegan and 100% organic. They offer raw dishes, organic wine and beer, organic tea and coffee drinks, and have a variety of juices, smoothies and shakes.

Café Gratitude makes everything in house and uses what is locally seasonal and fresh. All of their dishes are positive affirmations and the server gives you a question about yourself to ponder while you are eating, such as How do you contribute to the world?
I went with my friend for lunch. We had a great indoor table.

I had the I AM JOYFUL Yerba Mate tea and the I AM PURE kale salad. 


My friend had the I AM IMMORTAL tea with Chinese herbs and the I AM FULFILLED café salad. For dessert we shared the I AM BLISS, which is a chocolate mousse pie. The food was fresh. I was full at the end of my meal, and it was affordable!!

 

This restaurant is going to be a hit among the Santa Monica and Venice crowd. There is a Café Gratitude on Larchmont in Hollywood, and we needed one on this side of town. They picked a great location only a few blocks from the beach. People roll in without reservations in their workout clothes, beach clothes, and casual dress wear. It’s a neighborhood spot. I am looking forward to riding my bike there and trying different items on the menu.

For those of you who are local, walk in after a work-out and grab a superfood smoothie called I AM STRONG, or pick up a salad to go called I AM FABULOUS. You will be impressed and satisfied. 

Until next time!
-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment