Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Health Benefits of Red Raspberries


This summer my favorite fruit has been red raspberries. Driscoll’s Organic Raspberries are a staple in my fridge. I like having fruit with my breakfast, so I add raspberries to my raw granola with almond milk or use them in my Breakfast Bowl. Check out my Breakfast Bowl recipe HERE and just replace the blueberries for raspberries! 

The raspberries this summer have been melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Raspberries look beautiful when you cook with them, and you cannot ignore their amazing health benefits. Raspberries are high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. They are cholesterol free and good source of vitamin C, folate, potassium, and magnesium. And, one cup of raspberries contains only 60 calories!
Additional, Health Benefits include:
-Anti-cancer properties
-Anti-aging properties
-Decrease in premenstrual symptoms
-Improved bone health
-Decrease in arthritic pain
-Improved the immune system
There are some great recipes for raspberries on the Driscoll's  site! I especially like the raspberry salsa, however, I substitute the sugar with stevia.

The summer is coming to an end, so get out to your local farmer’s market or natural foods store & enjoy those last berries of the season!

-Until next time!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment